10.12.2008

The Mediterranean Islands in June

-----------------------------
GUEST BLOG BY KATE
-----------------------------


Three days after I got out of school in June, my family and I headed to Greece for what I thought would be an ill-fated trip. Turns out that a cheesy cruise around the Mediterranean Islands can cure any family's woes. I had too many pictures to choose from for this post so I decided on some of the more euphoric shots.

Everywhere we went, it looked like this. I honestly don't know which island we were on b/c it really looked like this everywhere.

Me and my adorable dad.

Human and real windmills on Patmos.

We learned that to make calamari fishermen catch the squid and then beat them on the floor of the boat to make them less chewy and then they hang them on their boats to dry.

Our shadows on the mosaic floor of an ancient hospital in Rhodes.

Supposedly one of the most beautiful sunsets in the world. I'm not going to argue with the books. This was in Santorini.

The Blue Mosque in Istanbul.

Inside of the Blue Mosque. I thought it was pretty cool that both religions managed to respect each other and not destroy each other's relics.

My bro and I in the mosque. They gave me a shawl to wear b/c my shirt was too "slutty."

Spices in the market in Istanbul.

A temple to Medusa in Ephesus. Ephesus is in Turkey and it's the largest intact Greek city. One of the 7 wonders of the ancient world. Surely the coolest tour we went on.

The library in Ephesus.

One of the marble roads of Ephesus.

All-in-all, I can't say enough about the trip. It was more beautiful that I ever imagined and these pics don't do the region justice.

3 comments:

Shannon Darling Dearest said...

kate! great pics! lets move to Turkey...how bout it?

Tim said...

These are excellent photos. If only you'd stop wearing such slutty shirts all the time.

Unknown said...

I love these. Everything is so blue! Wishing I was there on this cool, cloudy fall day.