4.22.2008

Obligatory First Post


This morning I woke up and, while prepping breakfast and lunch for the day, had the strangest compulsion to start a blog. I don't know why. I thought about all the different things I might talk about on my blog, what makes a good blog, what a horrible word blog is, the need people in our current society that people feel to been seen or possess identities online, and I came to no real conclusions. Later that day at work I added a post to the news section of my company's website. It's a blog of sorts. More of a blog than news, that's for sure (although I suppose we do present new info there from time to time). At home this evening while shooting the shit with my roommate, I mentioned the strange desire I had that morning and she supported it overwhelmingly. She's extremely confident the "everyone will want to read it". I can't say I agree with that, but it was enough to get me to take the idea seriously. So we'll see where this goes. At the very least, I may improve my writing and grammar skills. Feel free to correct and comment. I'll spare you the mission statement as I don't think I want to commit to anything just yet.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

With the "Obligatory First Post" comes the obligatory "FIRSTIEESS!!!!" on the comment board.